Ayurveda tries and strives to achieve ‘Fitness for all’. It originated from a Sanskrit word ‘Ayu’ means life and ‘Veda’ means knowledge. Ayurveda is supposedly created by Brahma and has a divine origin; we consider it to be a holistic science. It focuses on the entire being rather than only upon his physical health. This is one of the major benefits of Ayurveda. India system which largely depends on plant support to form major Chunk of its medicine.
Ayurveda is the essence of old Hindu Medicare techniques. A single part not responding well may cause a disturbance in all body. Ayurveda works for the aim of complete health.
Benefits of it includes aging prevention, cures deep rooted diseases, correct stress and fatigue, improves beauty, increase life span, no more joints disorder and improves digestion. This does not have any side effect on your body, also health massage therapy are true energizer that streamlines all your body parts. Give up all your worries!! No more tension, feel younger and confident with Ayurveda healing and therapeutic solutions.
Common Herbs used in Ayurvedic Medicines
1. Amalaki (Amla or Indian Gooseberry or Emblica officinalis) – is the richest source of Vitamin C in its natural form. The Fresh Amla fruit contains 80% of water along with carbohydrate, fibre, protein, minerals and vitamins. Vitamin C is an excellent antioxidant and helps to build resistance against various diseases in our body. Amalaki is one of the richest sources of powerful anti-oxidants. These anti-oxidants play a crucial role in the body to drive away free radicals and restore health. People take Amla regularly as a dietary supplement. It counteracts the toxic effects of prolonged exposure to environmental heavy metals, such as lead, aluminum and nickel.
2. Ashwagandha (Winter Cherry or Withania Somnifera)- Ashwagandha is one of the main herbs for promoting ojas and rejuvenating the body in Ayurveda. It is a well-known semen promoter, and it treats impotency and infertility. Ashwagandha herb, also known as Winter Cherry is herb which is grown in Western India and is known that may promote your overall health.
According to Ayurvedic practitioners, Ashwagandha possesses rejuvenating and life prolonging properties. A plant with various medicinal benefits, we know it to assist in treating disorders like fatigue, rheumatism, impotency, premature ageing and constipation.
3. Arjuna (Terminalia Arjuna) – It is a cardiac tonic of high quality. Terminalia arjuna, is known to be beneficial to treat heart ailments since 500 BC. Terminalia Arjuna however is a herb that has proven its worth in heart-related illness. No matter what kind of heart disease a person suffers from, it is given blindly in any of the heart diseases to derive benefit. Arjuna is a powerful heart stimulant, which has a sure shot effect on heart ailments.
By regular use of Arjuna we have seen it that it provides a significant cardiac protection in myocardial infarction commonly known as heart attack.
4. Brahmi (Bacopa, Gotu Kola) – Brahmi is a well-known herb. Some use it as a memory booster and mind alertness promoter worldwide. It promotes a calm, clear mind, and improves mental function. Commonly known, as Indian pennywort and Bacopa monnieri in Latin.
Since centuries Brahmi has been used as rasayan, hence it is used to attain long life while having energy just like a youth. It works as an antioxidant and retards aging thus keeps the person young and youthful. Moreover, it is also helpful in treating general body weakness and promotes energy levels like never before.
5. Guggulu (Shuddha Guggulu, Guggul, Commiphora Mukul) – commonly known as guggul in Hindi language, is very important and trustworthy herb in ayurvedic system of medicine.
Modern Research shows it is the prime Ayurvedic herb for treating obesity and high cholesterol. Studies shows that guggulu lowers serum cholesterol and phospholipids, and that it also protects against cholesterol- induced atherosclerosis. Guggulu lowered the body weight in these clinical studies. Guggulu also as anti-inflammatory properties and is effective in treating arthritis and other joint pains.